Sunday, January 6, 2008

taste me by devouring

Today I made little pork cutlets rolled around caramelized cauliflower and radicchio with anchovy. They were tasty. Last night Harry and I went to La Oliva (a little specialty food store with products from the region) and had a couple glasses of wine with the proprietor, Paco. He is a super sweet guy and made us little tapitas to snack on. We ate: morcilla (blood sausage) stuffed with pork loin; 2 little montaditos (open faced sammies): semi cured cod with avocado and lemon oil; jamón serrano on crushed tomato. Also cured lomo ibérico and slices of manchego-ish cheese. Yum! Then we had Roscón de Réyes.


We missed the big parade for the three kings, but tons of people were out in the street. It was very festive. We got home just in time to see the fireworks display, seemingly right off the terrace. I don´t think I´ve been so close to fireworks ever.

I love the smell of gunpowder.

No comments: